Cell Phone Fundraiser
Dear Friend of ABIN-PA,
I am hoping that you will help ABIN-PA raise money by collecting and mailing old cell phones to www.wirelessfundraiser.com using a postage paid label. The phones must be in working condition with the old battery inside – but stored phone numbers, passwords, and SIM cards must be removed. ABIN-PA will get a donation for each phone and your name will appear in the newsletter.
You can send in your own old phones and also phones from family and friends. You might also get permission to place a collection box at your workplace, businesses, stores you visit, or wherever cell phones are sold. Your Chamber of Commerce may have ideas or be willing to help.
If you are placing a collection box, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a flyer to put on your box – or print. Check your box frequently to collect any phones that are donated, so that they are not stolen.
Once you have collected a few used cell phones:
1. Wrap each phone in newspaper and put it in your mailing box.
2. Stuff extra newspaper in the box so the phones can’t move around. 3. Tape the box shut.
4. Go to www.wirelessfundraiser.com
5. Find the list of categories on the left side of the page.
6. Click on either “Disabled”, Health and Wellness”, or “Community”.
7. Look to the right for the window saying “select an organization”.
8. Click on the drop down arrow and click on the Acquired Brain Injury Network of PA.
9. When the new window appears, enter your name, address, etc.
10. To the right of your last name, click on “print your label”.
11. If the label doesn’t print properly, click on flash player download button.
12. Tape this postage paid label to your mailing box.
13. Take the box to the post office and mail.
Please email me at email@example.com if you have questions or need help to print your label.
We are hoping that everyone can participate!
Anna Marie Childress